What Is the Healthiest Drinking Water?
There are many different types of drinking water available now, and figuring out which one is the healthiest can be confusing. From mineral water to purified water to alkaline water, finding the best drinking water means diving into what these types and labels mean so that you can find the option that will best suit your needs.
Understanding Different Types of Water
Just look at the bottled water aisle at your local grocery store and you’ll quickly discover just how many different types of water there are. Here are some of the most common healthy drinking water options:
- Spring water – Spring water is bottled directly at the source of a spring and is free of treatments, chemicals, and toxins. This is a naturally filtered water option that contains essential minerals.
- Purified water – This type of water goes through a filtration and purification process to eliminate impurities that may impact the taste and health benefits.
- Mineral water – This type of water includes essential minerals like calcium and magnesium and typically comes from mineral springs. These minerals can provide electrolytes that help with hydration, lower blood pressure, and provide additional health benefits.
- Distilled water – This is water that has been purified through the boiling process. This process is highly effective at eliminating any and all contaminants, so it lacks the minerals of other water options and may have fewer health benefits.
- Alkaline water – This type of water has a higher pH level than standard water, which can help protect you against free radicals. However, drinking too much of this type of water can be detrimental as well.
There are pros and cons to each of these types of water, and the right option for you will depend on your health needs and preferences. But what about the tap water in your home? All public tap water must go through purification methods that ensure it’s safe to drink before it’s supplied to your home. However, being safe to drink and healthy are two different things. Your tap water may still have an unpleasant taste, odor, or look that makes you question how healthy it is for you to drink.
Water Filtration Systems for Tap Water
While it may not be possible to get spring water on tap directly to your home, there are a variety of solutions that can help improve the quality of your tap water. With a whole-house water filter designed to eliminate impurities, microorganisms, and excess minerals from your water, you can greatly improve the taste, smell, and look of the water running through your home. Some of the water filtration systems available for your home include:
- Reverse osmosis water filtration systems
- Alkaline water systems
- Activated carbon water filters
- Ultraviolet disinfection systems
Some of these whole-house water filtration systems can be used as standalone options while others can be used in combination to provide the best results for your home.
Find the Right Drinking Water Filter System for Your Home
The right drinking water filter system for your home will depend on what’s in your existing water supply. At Miami Water & Air, we offer a variety of water filtration systems for homeowners, and we can help determine the best option for your home by discussing your goals and performing a water analysis. From there, we can discuss different options, make a recommendation, and set it up so that you can enjoy better-quality water throughout your home. If you’d like to learn more about getting the best drinking water out of your tap water, contact Miami Water & Air today.