EPA studies indicate that air quality in the average home can be 4 to 40 times dirtier than the outside air. When you think about all the time your family spends indoors, doesn’t it make sense to give them the best quality air you can?
- Reduces airborne contaminants
- Helps eliminate household odors
- Leaves your air fresh and clean
- Treats the entire house, not just one room.
- Uses less power than a standard light bulb—draws only 47 watts of power.
- Automatic airflow sensor means the ozone lamp is operating only when air is flowing.
- Plugs into any standard outlet.
- Operational status is easily determined at a glance with the LED indicators.
- Lid interlock safety switch.
- Remote status indicator available.
- External odor control adjustment makes it easy to adjust for changing home air quality.
- “J” lamp kit available for smaller ducts.
Understanding Air Purification
You may be familiar with air filtration products, but the Airmaster Ultra is actually an air purifier. The diagrams below help explain the difference. Air filters are also called “mechanical filters.” They work by trapping particles that are too large to pass through (Fig. 1). They collect larger particles, but may not be as effective for many smaller particles. The filters must be changed on a regular basis, as they fill up with the collected debris
(much like the bag on a vacuum cleaner).
How Does the Airmaster Ultra Work?
Installation. The Airmaster Ultra is installed in the air duct in your home’s heating/cooling system. The system works using two safe and time-tested technologies, ultraviolet light and ozone.
UV Purification. Air passes by the light of the
UV lamp, where many common bacteria and molds are reduced.*
Ozone Purification. The air then passes by a specially designed lamp that produces a very small, controlled amount of ozone. Ozone is a strong oxidizer that reduces problem odors from cooking, pets and other sources, leaving behind fresher, cleaner air.
Continuous Air Quality. Whenever your heating/cooling system is on, the Airmaster Ultra works silently and continuously, leaving fresher, cleaner air throughout your home.
Low Maintenance. The only maintenance the Airmaster Ultra requires is periodically changing the UV and ozone lamps, a service that your RainSoft dealer will perform for you.
*Test performed by independent lab. Test results are available upon request.